Mermaids & Glitter

Hello my fellow crafters, today I made a Mermaid box.
I have a profound love of the ocean and tales of mermaids, the first film I ever saw at the cinema was Disney Little Mermaid , so any chance I get to create some thing sea themed I get rather excited.
I have a lovely collection of sea shells that me, my wife and 2 children collect each time we go on holiday to use for boxes just like these and if I am lucky I may find some drift wood , I have yet to find jewels of the sea ... sea glass but when I do they will make such lush additions to these mermaid boxes.
This box was made as a Design Team sample for the lovely Sharon Dobinson over at Glitter Magic. The minute I saw two colours of her new releases it just spoke mermaid to me, as often colour will give me inspiration.
These boxes are soo easy and inexpensive to create and a touch of glitter has made the world of difference.

Here is a list of what i have used to create the Mermaid box :
1 wooden box ( any shape )
Black gesso
Heavy body gel
Sea shells ( any shape or size )
Embellishments ( any sort at all, remember lots of things are found in the ocean that mermaids like to collect lol )
Metalic acrylic paints ( any colours that you choose )
1 stensil ( I managed to find mermaid scales but bubbles are just as mermaid )
Smooth stensil paste

To add a sparkle with some glitter I have used
1 glass vial
I  wooden sentiment
2 Glitter magic glitters ( pick two that compliment your paints )
Glitter magic glue

Comments

  1. Sally, this is devine & beatifully made 💖 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Jane x 😊

      Delete
    2. This is fabulous Sally, love the embellishments and colours.
      Hugs
      Linda xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts