Felt Fairies & Witches

So after a busy few weeks I took a couple of days off doing anything, spent a couple of days binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer lol . Yesterday I finished a few mixed media orders and packed them, they off to their new homes today.
Like most crafters I have a whole variety of crafts that I like to do, recently I learned how to make felt fairies & witches and I must say I find it soo therapeutic and each one turns out different from the last, no two are ever the same.
My 10 yr old daughter Seren decided she wanted a fairy of her own , she picked out all the colours so I have been sat in my pj's making fairies whilst watching all of the spiderman films lol .

Tips for felting fairies & witches
Buy good quality wool / felt , it really does make the world of difference .
Take your time.
Use a polystyrene ball for the head and soft wire for the arms.
Cold hands are better as the wool won't stick or twist when trying to wind around things.

Felting is a lot easier than I thought , even though my first two came out looking more like Voldermort ( that's what my kids said lol 😂)  once I got the technique right it was easy, so don't give up . I highly recommend  a book called Magic Wool Fairies by Christine Schafer  it shows you step by step how to create them and it's really easy to follow.  All I did to turn the fairies into witches was no wings, curly wool for the hair and added a hat , the technique is still the same .

I am off now for a quick cuppa and to make more witches and fairies . X

Comments

  1. These are fab Sally, brilliant....I used to love Buffy the vampire slayer lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, love them both.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts